Monday, February 4, 2008

The six purposes for our government (unit two, assignment one)

In my opinion, I would have to say that there are actually six purposes of the government. In the preamble of the Constitution, it says that they establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity. These in my eyes are the main purposes of our government, to provide for our people. If it came down to it I think I would be happy to help out in a revolution if ever our government wasnt doing what they are suppost to do for our rights. I wouldn't be willing to just get up and start a riot for no reason, but if they were not helping our economy and our people then they dont deserve to be in power anymore.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Wise to borrow the purposes from the Preamble. You defended your argument as well.

Good post. 20/20 points.