Monday, February 11, 2008

How can growing up be both exciting and painful(unit three, assignment one)

Growing up is one of the most important things in life. Not only because that's how you live, you grow up, but because you are, in turn, bettering yourself. Growing up can in many ways be one of the worst experiences in your life. This could be because you were forced to grow up too fast. For example, the loss of a parent can make you grow up faster than you ever wanted to. When I was nine I lost my mom, and the moment she died I had to grow up. I had to be the mom for my little brother because my dad was always working. This was one of the most painful ways for me to grow up, but it made me a stronger, more mature person. Growing up can also be an exciting experience. When you get your own car, or apartment, or house these are all exciting things, but in order to keep these things you have to grow up and take care of your stuff. Some believe when you get older you grow up, but I personally don't believe that. I feel that you grow up when you mature, which could be at any given age ranging from 1 to 100. You just have to have experience and wisdom to understand eveything you need to know to survive on your own.

1 comment:

carrie said...

I commented on this post a while ago, but I guess it didn't work!

Thoughtful and thorough post. Your brother and Dad are lucky to have you, and I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You are indeed wise for your age.

Some small errors, but overall very well written. 19/20 points