Thursday, May 15, 2008

Living History Interview

Living History Interview Assignment
I was asking my dad these questions about when he was growing up.

Q: Did your view on the Vietnam War differ from your parent’s?
A: Yes, actually my parents were pro-war but most of the children throughout my generation were against the war. My brothers, my sister and I were against the war.

Q: What was your reaction to Martin Luther King’s assassination?
A: I didn’t have much of a reaction to the assassination of Martin Luther King; I was pretty young when he was shot, so I didn’t really know what was going on. I saw it on T.V. and my family was upset by it, but I just didn’t understand until later on when I was older.

Q: What was it like growing up during the civil rights movement?
A: I wasn’t very old during the Civil Rights Movement, which was around the time of Martin Luther King. It was very different after desegregation, but I don’t remember much before that.

Q: What new technologies from when you were young do you thing influenced the new technologies today?
A: Computers and TVs have defiantly become more high tech then when they first came out. I would have to say that computers have influenced the new age more than anything else. Now almost everything that we use is somehow powered by a computer.

Q: How did the assassination of John F. Kennedy influence your household and town?
A: The assassination of J.F.K. defiantly influenced my town and family. Everybody was pretty much in a state of mourning after he died.

Q: During the 60’s and 70’s when drugs were taking over, was it easy to stay away, or easier to just do it?
A: It really just depended on the group of friends you hung out with. It was easier for me because my friends were not really into drugs; we were more interested in sports.

Q: Where you every a part of a movement, protest, or riot; if so which one?
A: No, but in grade school up to high school, we would have a kind of food fight over the war.

Q: At first, did you support the National Organization of Women and what they stood for?
A: Yes, I mean it didn’t really matter to me, there was kind of a lot of other stuff going on that I wasn’t really too involved in them.

Q: Do you believe that Nixon was guilty for the Watergate Scandal? Explain.
A: I do remember when that whole scandal started. I feel that he did have presidential privilege, but the way he went about it; if it was him; was sketchy.


Q: What is your opinion on the war going on now in Iraq against terrorism?
A: I feel that it is very tragic, but is very necessary.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Good questions. Thanks to you and your Dad for sharing his experiences. Some small errors(definitely nor defiantly), but overall very good.

28/30 points for this step.